The BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone is the stylish way to get things done. With powerful capabilities, yet incredibly compact and slim, it combines a stylish design with a premium finish. Elegant and performance-driven, this is a smartphone you'll always want to show off.
The BlackBerry 8820 is packed with powerful features, including phone, email, built-in GPS, Wi-Fi support, maps, browser, instant messaging, organizer, media player and more – all in one stylish smartphone.
The BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone has all the features you need:
Stay in Touch
- Wireless email: Send, receive, forward and reply to messages, and view attachments in popular file formats.
- Advanced phone features: Speakerphone and Voice Activated Dialing, user-definable convenience keys and dedicated Send, End and Mute keys
- Instant Messaging: Connect with your IM contacts using popular applications like Yahoo!® Messenger and Google Talk™
- SMS and MMS: Send text messages and images in an instant.
- Media player: Listen to your favorite songs and watch video clips.
- Stereo headset capable
Find the Info You Need
- Browser: Navigate and browse websites with a roll and click of the trackball.
- Organizer: Synch and store your calendar data, address book and more.
- Corporate data access: Access your vital corporate databases and applications from anywhere.
- BlackBerry® Maps: Get directions and view maps while on the road.
- Global Positioning System (GPS): View your geographic location and pair with BlackBerry® Maps and other location-based applications to aid navigation.
- Wi-Fi® support so virtually any Wi-Fi network is accessible.
- 64 MB of built-in memory and an expandable microSD memory slot.
- Bluetooth® capability for hands-free dialogue.
- A full QWERTY keyboard layout for fast text and email composition.
- Tethered modem capability: Use your smartphone as a wireless modem for your laptop or PC.
- High-resolution, light-sensing screen.
- High capacity battery
The BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone works with your organization’s BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution to provide corporate-strength functionality, including enhanced security features and easier access to company information.
The BlackBerry 8820 smartphone also gives you Wi-Fi access, so if your organization has incorporated the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution, you can securely access all your corporate data over Wi-Fi networks, onsite or off. Your BlackBerry services will function just as if you’re connected to the mobile network.
Unlike traditional mobile phones, BlackBerry 8800 Series smartphones can be centrally managed and supported by IT departments. Remote address book look-up, single mailbox integration and push delivery of data from corporate applications are just a few of the features available.
- Wireless email
- BlackBerry® Maps
- Media player
- Corporate data access
Size and Weight
- 4.49"/114mm (Length)
- 2.60"/66mm (Width)
- 0.55"/14mm (Depth)
- 4.73 oz/134g (Weight)
- QWERTY (Keyboard)
- Keyboard backlighting
- Stereo headset capable
- Headset jack
- Integrated earpiece/ microphone
- Built-in speakerphone
- Headset, hands-free and serial port profiles supported (Bluetooth® technology)
- Font size (user selectable)
- Color display
- Light sensing screen
- Polyphonic/MIDI ringtones
- MP3 ringtones
- Vibrate mode
- LED indicator
Approximate Battery Life
- 528 hours or 22 days (Standby time)
- 300 minutes or 5 hours (Talk time)
- Expandable memory – support for microSD card
- 64 MB (Flash memory)
- RIM® wireless modem
- Tethered modem capability
- Works with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange
- Works with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for IBM® Lotus® Domino®
- Works with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Novell® GroupWise®
- Integrates with an existing enterprise email account
- Integrates with existing personal email account
- Integrates with optional new device account
- USB cable
- Wall charger
- Password protection and keyboard lock
- Support for AES or Triple DES encryption when integrated with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- FIPS 140-2 Validated (FIPS validation)
- Optional support for S/MIME
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a
- North America: 850 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
- North America: 1900MHz GSM®/GPRS networks
- Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
- Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
- EDGE networks